Description – Baltic Sea Forum for Documentaries 2010
Baltic Sea Forum for Documentaries is a market of ideas for documentary films for all distribution platforms with international potential.
- One day workshop (September 7, 2010) on documentary animation;
- Three days pitching workshop (September 8 – 10, 2010) for 24 documentary film producers on project and trailer development, pitching training and international co-production matters;
- Two days Forum (September 11 – 12, 2010) – presentation of the documentary projects by the producers to a panel of around 16 international buyers;
- Five days (September 8 – 12, 2010) of documentary film screenings for general public and professionals;
- Professional networking meetings during the five days in a friendly and positive environment.
Target audience: Estonian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Georgian and Polish documentary film producers and other European documentary film producers with film subjects related to the Baltic region or Russia; European television stations, documentary film professionals, film distributors, general public in Latvia (film screenings) and other European countries (TV audiences for documentary film).
Location: Riga, Latvia – Albert Hotel and cinema K.Suns.
- To develop documentary film culture and promote documentary film in the Baltic Region;
- To promote international co-productions and dissemination of Baltic and Polish documentary films in Europe;
- To provide platform for international networking for documentary film professionals;
- To exchange professional experiences and knowledge;
- To raise general awareness on the importance of documentary film and give the general public an opportunity to see quality documentary films;
- To increase professionalism of documentary film makers.
Application deadline: Friday, June 4, 2010