BSF 2012 General Description
BSF is a market of documentary projects with significant international potential.
Location: Riga, Latvia – conference facilities at Albert Hotel and cinema K.Suns.
Target group: Documentary film producers/directors from the wider Baltic Sea Region and other European documentary film producers/directors with film subjects related to the Baltic region; documentary film producers/directors from emerging democracies of the former Soviet Union; European and world television stations’ representatives, documentary film professionals, film distributors, general public in Latvia (film screenings) and other European countries (TV audiences).
1) September 5 – 7: pitching training workshop for 20 documentary film producers;
2) September 7: half a day Workshop on Distribution on Internet Platforms with case studies, business models; protection against piracy; legal issues, etc.;
3) September 8 – 9: Forum – presentation of the documentary projects to a panel of around 16 international buyers;
4) September 5 – 9: documentary film screenings for general public and professionals;
5) Professional networking meetings during the events.
Main objectives: To develop and promote documentary film culture in the wider Baltic Sea Region; to promote international co-productions and dissemination of Baltic, Scandinavian and Polish documentary films in Europe; to create and disseminate documentary contents with a focus to the wider Baltic Sea Region; to provide platform for international networking for documentary film professionals; to exchange professional experiences and knowledge; to raise general awareness on the importance of documentary film and give the general public a rare chance to see quality documentary films.